Friday, October 24, 2008

29 weeks- 8 weeks left!!

Wow, it seems crazy that Laci Ann is going to be here in LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!! I went to the doctor yesterday and everything was great! She weighs 3 pounds, 4 ounces. She's measuring right at 30 weeks, so she's roughly 8 days ahead of me. That's not too much bigger, just shows that she's healthy and growing! I had lost four pounds, which I can't figure out HOW seeing as how I eat all the time! I have no room left in my tummy, so I can't eat a lot at one time, but I eat ALL the time! I was supposed to do my Glucose Tolerance Test to test for gestational diabetes, but I ended up throwing up before I even left the house! I drank the stuff (which is like really yucky really fizzy orange soda) and went to get in the van with Mom, because she was taking me to my appt. I stepped off the front porch and started throwing up all over the yard! Yuck!! I have to go back next Wednesday to try it again- hopefully it goes better next time! I will start going every week after that also.
We went to Babies R Us and Walmart last night to register. I love shopping for all this pink stuff! It's so much fun! We bought the paint for her nursery and Chris is going to paint this weekend.
Which brings us to the bitter part of this bittersweet journey. The nursery is still set up with all of Landon's stuff. There has been a lock on the door since January. Nothing inside has been touched. My mom, my sister in law, and Chris are going to pack all his stuff up this weekend while I take the girls out for the day. I don't think there's anyway in the world I could manage to take all of his things out of his room and pack them up. It's so tough to even think about it. We are so excited about Laci, but our hearts are still so broken for Landon. I miss him more and more each day. I know his baby sister is a blessing sent straight from Heaven, but losing him is still so hard. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue on our journey with Laci Ann, all the while preserving the memories of Landon and Brayden, our precious baby boys.

1 comment:

Keith, Cindy, Jacob and Benjamin said...

Jessica! I just discovered your blog! I am so excited! I love blogs! I have one myself. www.eskridgefamilyfun.blogspot.com. I saw the website address on your Facebook information. I have looked at your facebook several times, but today is the first time I saw your website info.
I couldn't help but start crying when I read this post. I am praying that God would comfort you and Chris during this time of such mixed emotions. I love you guys! You only have 4 more weeks to go now! Congratulations and hang in there!